Monday, March 26, 2007

IDIOT.

I did the stupidest thing today. I locked my keys in the truck. With it running.

Who DOES that? I can see maybe if I turned off the truck and got distracted and forgot to take the keys out, but to actually leave it running and get out, lock the door and slam it shut - that really lacks brain cells. And guess what else..I have spare keys that are on Andrew's key ring and he is in Halifax for the next couple of days.

However, I'm growing. Believe it or not this is a step up from my previous self. Because my hubby nags me about never plugging my phone in to charge it or having enough gas in my car, I actually had gas in the truck and one bar of juice on my phone (AND I actually had it with me for a change) so I could call him and whine while I waited for CAA.

Here's where it splits into a dilemma. Yes, I had put gas in the car and charged my phone and had it with me and I brought my full wallet with the CAA card instead of just carrying my license and bank card and I had an umbrella with me, and I am now in the habit of locking my doors all of the time, blah blah blah. HOWEVER. If I had just as per usual just left the door or the hatch unlocked I could have just crawled in through the back like normal person instead having to call CAA and standing in the rain for an hour waiting for them watching my gas burn out at $1 a litre. My way seems like way less hassle.

My old systems work, in a very rudimentry, low tech way that allowed me to not have to rely on too many people or much technology. Its not until other people start sticking their noses in and messing around with it to make it better that I seem to run into problems. It makes me nervous that there are 100 wires plugged into the back of my TV and 3 boxes and if one of them goes wrong I will miss my show.

I've taken heat from people for not being a planner and winging it and marching to a different drum, but I've been in and out of alot of scrapes and it seems like even when you do plan, when the really bad stuff hits you its always with a twist that renders it into something you never could have planned for in a million years.

No comments: