Friday, March 16, 2007

I have a new mission...


I've never been much of a collector. I'm a chucker outer. Part of it comes with moving around alot. I've always wanted to find something I was interested in collecting and dragging around with me though, not to mention provide some direction for gift givers because apparently I'm 'impossible to buy for'.

And now I've found it..... The Modern Library's 100 Best Novels....
http://www.bookspot.com/listmodern100.htm (That's James Joyce in the photo)

My mission for however long it takes me is to get and read every book on the list and develop a respectable library. In hardcover, before Oprah makes them a pick and they have a big stupid yellow Oprah star on them. I've read about 20 of them, and I own about 5 of them. This is a big challenge since I already read on average 2-3 books a month. This will take YEARS. I'm so excited to have a 'thing'.

I'd like to thank 'The Academy" (Sydney Academy) for selecting about 5 of these so I can cross them off the list ASAP, and my parents for never denying me a book.

I think some of you should join me on this mission.

No comments: