Friday, February 9, 2007

What am I running from?

I made my debut on the treadmill yesterday. I ran 2km and it took me 30, sweaty, gasping minutes. I thought my brain was going to explode and ooze out my ears.

I spent the first 15 minutes chanting in my head 'lots of people do this, humans run marathons, I can do this!' I spent the last 15 minutes thinking sometimes there are nice things in the window at Addition Elle, maybe I should just get off now and go get a cookie.

What keeps me going lately is I was thinking the other day that at 33, I may have only lived 1/3 of my life. Shocking. Despite what we may have seen on TV, you dont' get old at 40 and dissapear. I'm only 1/2 way to retirement. That's a long time, and I dont' want to be all used up and boring when I get there.

No comments: