Thursday, February 1, 2007

My Next Big Thing....

I feel like a juggler.

First, I kicked the diet coke habit kicked, (juggle juggle juggle), then I added in belly dancing (jiggle jiggle jiggle), then I added the Naturopath / Detox extravaganza (juggle juggle juggle) and Weight Watchers (juggle juggle juggle). Now that I've got all this going, I'm going to add in another ball.

I'm going to try and run a 10k in May. http://www.ncm.ca/ My sister in law seems to think we could do a half marathon but I'm thinking a 10k is about all my stumpy little out of shape legs can do without hurting myself. So I have signed on at the gym in my office building, loaded up my MP3 player with Fame and Rocky songs to begin my journey.

Last year I walked the 5k race. I didn't take it too seriously, my walking buddy (avid runner) was totally disgusted that I was going to do it in flip flops, but the plastic thing used to strap on the chip irritated my toe so I wore sneakers. It seemed silly to get all decked out in workout gear to go for a walk.

Mostly I was thrilled to find out that everyone gets a medal at the end of their race. I've never had any sort of commendation for anything related to athletic acheivement in my life, so it was a big moment for me and its still on my fridge. However, this year I will earn a 10k medal instead of just flip flopping my way through the piddly 5k with the old fat ladies and families.

1 comment:

jmegan said...

Wow, good for you! That's a big step...or rather, a whole lotta small steps. But more than I've ever done at once, that's for sure!