Sunday, February 25, 2007

Placed end to end the weekends reciepts would be the same height as the CN Tower...

Let's just say right off the bat that I"ve spent too much money this weekend. I"m in Toronto and I just sat down to total up all my great deals and treasures and its funny how after you spend $50 a few times with $20's in between the $50's it all adds up to be an astonishing amount.

But I got great stuff.

I eased into it with a trip to the sale rack at Banana Republic. I found an irresistible soft sea blue turtleneck and a navy peasant skirt. They were so on sale they were practically free. I topped up on underwear at American Eagle Outfitters, a store where I have to pretend like I'm shopping for my nieces because I feel too old to be in there, but they have great underwear.

Then the next day we went to Vaughn Mills which is the creme de la outlet malls. Liv and I were having fun playing with this flouffy pouffy dress with all kinds of ruffles in the Holt Renfrew Outlet when we noticed the price tag was $10,000. On sale half price. We backed away and headed off to a place with a few less zeros in the prices.

I found a few things in LaSenza, a couple of nice robes that might not be husband repellent - its been cold and Andrew's been looking at alot of fleece and wool this winter. Also a very pretty turquoise silk scarf for $10.

I found a couple things at the Esprit clearance center for summer - I picked up a black linen turqoise and green shirt and a funky t shirt.

Then I hit the shoe outlets.... A beautiful pair of burgundy suade round toe heels and a pair of silver sandals later I was down some clams. I felt a little guilty at that point so there wasn't much more shopping - oh except for a couple of books from a second hand store and the stuff from Keihls. (the best freaking skin cream on the planet...) and some almond bark from Purdy's. Whoops.

You can blame the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) for Sunday. I went expecting to stay the whole afternoon there but half the exhibits were closed for renovations. It only took me a couple hours to see what was there. So I decided to wander around and aw crap, wouldn't you know it there was an Aldo outlet. 50% off the last sale price. I bought a BEAUTIFUL pair of oxblood leather embroidered cowboy boots for $40. (reg: $250) When I get home I'll post a picture of them, they're incredible - practically heirloom quality made in Brazil. There was a magazine and a couple of pair of socks since I forgot to pack some and a shower gift for next weekend...

I don't have buyers remorse over anything, I love it all. Hopefully when Andrew sees those boots and the LaSenza bag he won't even care what I spent. When he goes shopping he gets two shirts and spends the same as I do on six bags of stuff so he doesn't usually say much unless everything is black and then he complains because he hates when I wear black and tells me to take it all back.

That said, I will not be shopping again for awhile. We're planning on going to NYC in April for a long weekend and I've told myself that instead of spending the time cooped up in stores bargain hunting. I want to spend the time seeing and doing stuff. I'll be calling on God and Allah and Buddha and Santa Clause to give me strength to stay out of the stores for that one.

1 comment:

jmegan said...

It's true...they are really spectacular boots. Now I want some of my own - fortunately we live in different cities, so nobody will know I copied! :)