Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good bye little yellow school bus....


Andrew sold his Jeep today. He is not a happy camper. Wheels are special to him, I think the first thing he saw when he entered the world must have been a wheel and that's why he's so DEEPLY attached to them. It borders on irrational but he gets offended when I say that and rips into all the justifications for it. Its his thing. Letting go of a vehicle for him is ripping out a little piece of his heart. You could have traced a perfect unhappy face on him this morning.
I tend to fold like a ten dollar tent when he's unhappy about things. I hate when he's unhappy. I can picture him as a kid so clearly. I bet the bait and switch didn't work on him, I will have to be careful if we breed and produce a "collector" like him. I hate clutter. Driveway clutter is not something I expected to have to deal with. For me its just a vehicle and its simply not logical to have more vehicles than you have asses to go in them. It can't be just me who thinks this - some people only have one family car and its a sensible Honda.
As for the Jeep. A very nice couple are buying it, they live in the country where it will have lots of room to roam free, and they are nearly retired so the man can take it to the park and play with the other Jeeps. Right now it mostly sits in our yard without any real lovin. I feel bad for it. Its going to a good home.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I love your blog (-- though I hate the term "blog" - it bothers me, it doesn't feel good to say the word and it has no meaning to me) so , I can say that I love your thoughts about the world. Reading them makes me feel closer to home.