Monday, February 19, 2007

Oh how I love a good makeover.

Anyone who has stood in front of the wall of haircolor at Shoppers Drug Mart at 8pm on a slow Sunday night knows what Britney was thinking. Anyone who actually goes home with a box at least 2 shades lighter or darker knows the excitement of a big unknown hair change while you scrub the dark purple flecks of dye off your shower curtain waiting to rinse compares to nothing. Those of us who have gone (almost) all the way and come home with (intentional) crew cuts know the thrill of the clippers buzzing at your nape.

Britney just took it one more step and played into the fantasy that every woman has had at least once in her life: I hate my hair I'm going to shave my head.

I say go Britney go. Why not. Her hair looked like shit, I bet it felt like shit and hurt to have all those little pieces of hair glued to your head. I bet she hasn't run her fingers through her hair in about 8 years. Not to mention how creepy it is to have someone else's hair glued to your scalp.

I think everyone should go for it once in their life. It grows back. You learn something when you've had super short hair. You see the direction your hair grows in (I have swirls and cowlicks). You have nothing to hide behind. Its 100% you. I didn't feel 'conventionally' pretty with really short hair, per se but I felt extremely feminine and distinctive and attractive. When my hair was medium I felt invisible. I'm on my way to super long hair now. When I'm older I'm going to hack it all off again and let it all grow in grey.

Anyway, I hope Britney sticks to a natural look and doesn't get anymore fake hair glued on. In a month she'll have cute soft Teddy Bear hair and I bet they will be trying to glue something on to it and wreck it.

No comments: