Thursday, January 18, 2007

Holy Cow, I'm a Cow.

I weighed myself this morning and what a sad sad story it is.

This is officially the fattest I have ever been. I got on and off the scale and shook it to make sure it wasn't shitting me. I said I wasn't going to worry about the scale, just how my clothes fit but I guess that doesn't work when all your clothes have stretch in them.

I was shopping on the weekend and kept trying things on and complaining to my friend that they are making clothes smaller and smaller these days and obviously I have zero self awareness. I am a couple clicks into the "Obese" section of the BMI chart. ! That's not just a little chunky or a couple weeks of too much turkey. I've let myself go.

Now that I have a more critical eye, I don't even recognize my own body sometimes when I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror. Who is that chunky frumpy lady?

Now, to put things in perspective, the highest "Normal" weight on the BMI chart represents the weight I was at 16 - I wasn't even fully cooked yet.

But still. To just be at my 'comfortable in my own skin' weight, I have about 37 lbs to lose. Its going to be hard.

1 comment:

jmegan said...

That was what did it for me as well - suddenly realizing I'm not "big boned" or even "athletic." :) Yup, actually, really truly, Obese. So it was time to move past the denial (those BMI charts aren't made for REAL people!), and move into WW.

So I know the feeling...and believe me, if I can do it, so can you!