Wednesday, May 2, 2007

VEGAS, baby!

We booked our tickets to Vegas this week. We're going in June and I have started a whole list of tacky tourist things I want to do when we get there. I want to see the fountain at the Bilagio, I want to see the tunnel with all of the lights, I want to see a showgirl show with the plumes and sparkles, I want to people watch and see all of the crazy sights.

On the way back we're going to drive to Phoenix with a pit stop at the Grand Canyon. I've never been there. This is going to be a LOOOONG drive, but I think it will be worth it.

Its funny to go to a place that I have seen on TV about a million times. Its almost like going to a movie set. I fully expect to see Stokes and Willow investigating a crime scene, George and the boys running a racket, Nicholas Cage jumping out of a plane in an Elvis suit and mob guys coming back from the desert all bloody with a shovel in their trunk. And at least one exploding car.

1 comment:

jmegan said...

I felt that way in New York - it took me a couple of days to realize that I wasn't on a movie set, that this was the Real Manhattan!