Friday, May 4, 2007

Dinner with the herd...

My aunts and uncles who are in or approaching their 70's were at our house last night, they do a road trip almost every year, this year it took them through Ontario, and we made the list. They are hilarious.

I have another cousin who married a guy who sounds like he is half saint, is really churchy and he loves our crowd so much he changed HIS last name to be Ramsey, so that's a tough act to follow. But they LOVE Andrew. My aunt climbed up on a chair to give Andrew a hug and kiss.

I'm not sure if my husband was surrounded by many loud foolish relatives around growing up, because he just eats up everything they say, he loves being part of a rowdy herd. And they are always picking on him and teasing him. We told them we were going to see the grand canyon and my uncle Bob said we were going to be looking down at the grand canyon saying "Whoa, look at the size of that" and the grand canyon would be looking up at Andrew saying "Whoa, look a the size of that guy".

The dinner went well. The lady at the butchers said there is only one thing you serve to senior crowd, that is a nice bone-in ham. I didn't know how to cut it up, my aunt looked like she was dying to take the knife from me and save it from my artistic stylings.

My uncle assessed my $50 auction bargain dining room table and said it would have cost me about $5-800 to buy it anywhere else and to buy new like that now would probably be a couple grand, and it still wouldn't be as good quality.

No comments: